Don’t be afraid to sign a listing agreement over the holiday season. There are benefits to doing so – read on!
- By selling now, you may have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer in the spring when more houses are on the market for less money! This may allow you to sell high and buy low!
- You can sell now for more money and we will provide for a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year!
- Even though your house will be on the market, you still have the option to restrict showings during the 6 or 7 days around the holidays!
- January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transferees cannot wait until spring to buy, you need to be on the market during the holidays to capture that market!
- Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons!
- Buyers have more time to look for a home during the holidays than during the regular work week!
- Buyers are more emotional during the holidays so they are more likely to pay your price!
- Houses show better when decorated for the holidays!
- Since the supply of listings will dramatically increase in January, beat the crowd and the competition and list early!
- Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the holidays and less competition means more money for you!
- People who look for homes during the holidays are generally serious buyers!
Call me if you’d like to chat about listing your property over the holiday season!