Having your own agent to help you buy a home can save you time and money.
- A good agent will help you to determine exactly what you want, and how much you can afford to spend.
- A good agent knows the city and can help you pinpoint the best areas for you and your family.
- A good agent has access to listings, open house and other crucial information. You don’t want to waste time looking at houses that don’t meet your needs.
- A good agent will ensure you don’t overpay for a house, having access to information on the local market, and on recent sales and active listings in your target area.
- A good agent will encourage you to be pre-approved for a mortgage so that your financing is in place before you start to look for a home.
- A good agent will have a network of professionals to call on such as lawyers and home inspectors.
- A good agent is not afraid to negotiate and will ensure you make a reasonable offer that will be taken seriously
The seller’s agent (or listing agent) has a legal responsibility to act in the best interests of the seller. You need the right person acting on your behalf.
YOUR AGENT MATTERS!