This is probably the most challenging type of move for many people.
- How do you know when the time is right to downsize?
- How do you re-assess your housing needs?
- How has the real estate market changed since you last sold or bought a house?
- What are today’s Buyers looking for?
- What are the current mortgage rules? Are there any incentives available?
- How do you deal with the emotional challenges of leaving your family home?
- How do you go about preparing your home for sale?
- How do you get ready to downsize?
- What do you do with all that “STUFF”?
- What resources are available to help?
I can help! I have been through the “downsizing” experience myself and have helped many friends and clients do the same thing. When the process begins, it is daunting and difficult. With my help and guidance, it can turn into a life event that is exciting and fun!
Rather than attempt to write down the answers to all of the questions above, I would much prefer to talk to you face to face. Each situation has its own specific nuances and challenges.
From Kris' Blog
The Spring Market continues to bloom! Members of the Ottawa Real Estate Board sold 2,300 residential properties in May through the Board’s Multiple Listing Service® System, compared with 1,919 in May 2016, an increase of 19.9 per cent. The five-year average for May sales is 1,946. May 2017 was the best month EVER for unit ...